How do we do it?
The vision of CEHI is to have communities free from unnecessary visual impairment and blindness. This Vision is embodied in the motto: Eye health for all.
The mission of CEHI is to develop capacity through training, infrastructure development and research, to equip communities to promote healthy eye practices, treat eye conditions, and prevent blindness and visual impairment through cost-effective, high quality care and sustainable programmes.
We do this by:
- offering training programmes for clinicians, managers and support staff working in prevention of blindness programmes
- developing, implementing and supporting Vision 2020 programmes
- conceiving, designing, and conducting community eye health research projects
- monitoring, evaluating and auditing eye care programmes, training programmes and research projects
- producing materials in support of eye care service delivery, training or research